Preparing people for the challenges of project work
Diagnose signs and symptoms of potential problems and mitigate them using limited resources
Clearly realistic and applicable, the challenges are universal and easily recognized. Results not in line… adjust figures or adjust ambitions?
You cannot please everybody. Balance the needs of key stakeholders – sponsors, steering committee and the project delivery team
identify hot buttons and deliver a better result
Cayenne – A company has just completed a large project, and, in hindsight, it did not deliver as much business value as was originally expected.
- Participants are asked to go back in time to see if they can identify the hot buttons and deliver a better result. The project must be delivered on time and budget and must meet the needs of all stakeholder groups.
Securing project success
“Preparing people for the challenges of project work.”
A company has just completed a large project and, in hindsight, it did not deliver as much business value as was originally expected. There were budget and time overruns, and neither the project sponsors nor end users seem very satisfied with the result. Participants are asked to go back in time to see if they can identify the hot buttons and deliver a better result.
“They say that you learn from your mistakes. That is true only if you understand what happened.”
The Celemi Cayenne business simulaiton lets participants diagnose signs and symptoms of potential problems, and mitigate them using limited resources, just like in real life. While the storyline loosely follows a typical IT implementation of a new business system the learnings are clearly applicable to any project. The challenges are universal and easily recognized, such as:
- Key stakeholders are not engaged… get their attention or trust your own judgement?
- New insights arise… revise the scope or stick to the plan?
- Project team is overloaded… take quick action or make systematic changes?
- Actuals are not in line with budget and timeline… adjust figures or adjust ambitions?
Participants quickly recognize that you cannot please everybody all of the time. The art to project work is to balance the needs of key stakeholders – sponsors and steering committee, the project delivery team, and the end users of the organization – in order to create maximum business value.
Celemi Cayenne Quickfacts
Board Based Format
Facilitator led – with physical material in a physical classroom
- Large format simulation board (100×70 cm)
- Face-to-face team interaction and dialog
- Includes the tactile learning element of moving physical coins to imitate the circulation of capital
Facilitator led – can be delivered to multiple participants in multiple locations
- 100 % browser based (no need to download)
- An online app that every participant logs in to (one computer per participant or location)
- For use on any conference platform with breakout room function
- Team interaction and dialog in breakout rooms
- 6-8 hours
- Teams of 3-4 participants
- Multiple teams can run the simulation
- All project members; project managers, business executives, content provider consultants, experts and end users as well as support personnel
- Facilitators certified by Celemi
- Celemi Cayenne is available in multiple languages and is constantly being updated
Business Acumen and Financial Acumen Business Simulations
Get In Touch
call 1.866.484.6610 - John will answer all your questions on the spot
email firstname.lastname@example.org - Jte Management will get back to you within 1 Business Day
text 604.274.6610 - we will respond to your queries