Who has the "D"? Are we making the right decision? What traps might get in the way?
"An organization's continued success requires a cadre of leaders and professionals skilled in the art and science of making good decisions."
There is no activity more fundamental to personal and organizational success than decision-making. It is the one task shared by every leader and professional in an organization. It is also how they individually and collectively earn their keep.
Yet there is never a guarantee that leaders and professionals will always make good decisions, even in the most benign circumstances. Being able to consistently make high-quality decisions in challenging circumstances is an even rarer skill.
Drawing on the most recent research in neuroscience, decision theory and behavioral economics, Decision Mojo™ helps us recognize key cognitive traps that can cause suboptimum decisions. It then teaches a number of specific strategies for avoiding the traps and making more effective decisions.
Specifically, during the Decision Mojo™ workshop participants learn:
- About key decision traps such as Anchoring, Frame Blindness, Availability, Sunk Cost/Loss Aversion, Snap Judgment Error, Groupthink, Information Overdose,
- False Analogy, Self Interest/Attachment, Status Quo Bias, Confirming Evidence and Overconfidence
When these traps are likely to occur and how they can impact a decision or recommendation
- How to apply the 8 Disciplines of Decision Acumen to improve effectiveness in both organizational and personal decision situations
- When to trust/not trust intuition when making a decision
- Appropriate decision-making strategies for different types of situations
Decision Mojo™ is highly experiential and practical. Throughout the workshop, key techiniques for creating immediately actionable learning are employed and participants leave the course with a set of tools to help them apply what they learned as they continue
to refine their decision-making skills.
For more information call 1.866.484.6610 or email for a no obligation consultation on all of your learning needs.